- Supports cognitive and liver function‡
- Helps maintain joint comfort‡
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients
SAMe (S-Adenosylmethionine) is formulated to help maintain cognitive health, liver function, and joint comfort. SAMe also promotes healthy cell growth and positive mood.‡
Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization, www.gluten.org‡
SAMe (S-adenosylmethionine) is a metabolite present in all living cells. It functions as a donor of methyl groups in over 100 different reactions and contributes to the synthesis, activation and/or metabolism of hormones, neurotransmitters, nucleic acids, phospholipids and proteins. Methyl groups act as a signal throughout the body, regulating genetic expression and cellular function. SAMe also functions as a precursor molecule for glutathione and promotes polyamine synthesis to promote healthy cellular function. Clinical trials indicate that SAMe administration enhances glutathione production in hepatic tissue and red blood cells. SAMe also targets cognitive function and positive mood, as indicated in over 40 clinical studies. In a meta-analysis involving 25 controlled trials and 791 individuals, SAMe offered statistically significant support for positive mood believed to be due to its support for neurotransmitter monoamine synthesis and function, including dopamine and serotonin. It also promotes healthy protein turnover and maintains healthy phospholipid methylation to support phosphatidylcholine production and cellular membrane integrity and fluidity. Studies suggest it may enhance joint comfort and flexibility as well. In a meta-analysis involving 11 studies, SAMe offered statistically significant support for joint function. It is believed to enhance joint comfort and function by supporting proteoglycan synthesis, as well as helping to stabilize and protect the proteoglycans.‡
- Amount Per Serving
- each (size 00) vegetarian capsule contains:
- SAMe (S-adenosylmethionine)200 mg
- (from S-adenosyl-L-methionine disulfate tosylate)
- other ingredients: vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water), hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose), calcium oxide, ascorbyl palmitate, calcium chloride
- If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, particularly if you have bipolar disorder or are taking antidepressant medication, consult your health professional before use.
- 1 capsule, 1-2 times daily, between meals, or as directed by a health professional.