- Supports bone, cardiovascular and colon health‡
- May help reduce risk of osteoporosis†‡
- Supports optimal calcium absorption‡
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegetarian ingredients
Calcium with Vitamin D is a dietary supplement offering the benefits of calcium and vitamin D in one supplement. Calcium with Vitamin D supports optimal calcium absorption and bone mineral composition in addition to promoting potential cardiovascular and colon health.‡
Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization, www.gluten.org‡
Several clinical trials reveal the positive effects of combined supplemental calcium and vitamin D for bone health. Vitamin D is important for its ability to promote intestinal calcium and phosphorous absorption, reduce urinary calcium loss and enhance healthy bone composition. In a large trial published in the New England Journal of Medicine involving over 3,000 women, supplementation with calcium and vitamin D daily for one and a half years supported bone composition of the femur. In another study, calcium and vitamin D supplementation promoted calcium utilization and maintained healthy bones in postmenopausal women. Calcium citrate malate combined with vitamin D moderated the rate of bone loss for a separate group of postmenopausal women, maintaining support for the spine. Calcium and vitamin D also play a role in supporting colon health.‡
**When providing adequate calcium throughout life as a part of a well balanced diet.
Calcium with Vitamin D3
- Amount Per Serving
- three (size 00) vegetarian capsules contain:
- vitamin D (as cholecalciferol) (D3)10 mcg (400 IU)
- calcium (as calcium citrate/malate)450 mg
- other ingredients: vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water), ascorbyl palmitate
- 3 capsules, 1-2 times daily, with meals.