- Helps support immune health‡
- Maintains upper respiratory health‡
- Made with hypoallergenic ingredients
PureDefense w/NAC helps to support immune health and maintain upper respiratory health.‡
Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization, www.gluten.org‡
Natural killer cells are part of the body’s innate, or first-line, immune response. They respond more quickly than the adaptive immune system comprised of B cells and T cells. Once activated, natural killer cell activity peaks in as quickly as several hours, providing rapid support and wide-range immune defense. EpiCor® is a fermentate of Saccharomyces cerevisiae containing various bioactive metabolites. These nutrient metabolites are produced in a specialized fermentation process and enhance immune cell production. In one cellular study, EpiCor® promoted natural killer cell activation, as well as that of B cells and T cells. In two randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trials, EpiCor® provided statistically significant support for upper respiratory tract health and overall immune health. A separate open label, in-house trial indicated a strong potential for EpiCor® supplementation to enhance secretory IgA levels after 30 days. These various actions demonstrate the ability of EpiCor® to address both innate and adaptive immune responses. NAC (n-acetyl-l-cysteine) promotes endogenous glutathione production for antioxidant protection and provides lung defense mechanisms for healthy respiratory function. In a randomized double-blind trial involving mostly older individuals, NAC showed support for respiratory health. Quercetin and elderberry provide flavonoids that offer additional support for immune and respiratory function while vitamin C, vitamin D and zinc play important roles in immune cell activation.‡
- Amount Per Serving
- two (size 0) vegetarian capsules contain:
- vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)250 mg
- vitamin D (as cholecalciferol) (D3)25 mcg (1,000 IU)
- zinc (as zinc citrate)7.5 mg
- n-acetyl-l-cysteine (free-form)450 mg
- EpiCor® dried yeast fermentate complex (from Saccharomyces cerevisiae)250 mg
- european elder (elderberry) (Sambucus nigra) extract (fruit)200 mg
- quercetin25 mg
- other ingredients: vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water), ascorbyl palmitate
- If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medications, particularly immunosuppressants, consult your health professional before use.
- EpiCor® is a registered trademark of Embria Health Sciences, L.L.C.
- 2 capsules, twice daily, with meals.